In these terms and conditions, the terms ‘You’ and ‘Your’ means the Student/Purchaser. The words ‘We’, ‘our’ and ‘Us’
refer to MAKS Ballet Studios.
This is an Agreement between the Student and MAKS Ballet Studios.
Note: Where the student is a minor/dependent/child, as defined by Australian law, this Agreement will be deemed to be
between the Studio and the parent or guardian of the minor.
1. MAKS Ballet Studios’ Studio Policies and information on how to participate in MAKS Ballet Studios’ classes, programs
and activities, including electronic and hard copy information, form part of these Terms & Conditions. Participation in
MAKS Ballet Studios activities will be considered acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, and any ongoing updates
of these Terms & Conditions.
2. The parent/guardian agrees to enrol the student annually and provide MAKS Ballet Studios with their personal details
and emergency contact details as per the enrolment form.
3. You agree to advise MAKS Ballet Studios of any changes to personal information and emergency contact details as
4. Fees are deducted as per recorded Ezidebit details and will be deducted in the date indicated on each invoice.
Once paid, fees are final and non-refundable, MAKS Ballet Studios’ policy for payment and refunds is explained in
the Studio Policies.
5. The parent/guardian is responsible for ensuring payment can be successfully deducted on the due date indicated
on each invoice. Ezidebit charge $11.90 for each failed payment, this fee will be passed on and added to the
invoice before the payment is attempted again. If your payment fails you will be notified via email and a new
payment date arranged.
6. Wherever possible, you will advise MAKS Ballet Studios of an absence prior to commencement of class.
7. Your enrolment at MAKS Ballet Studios is exclusive of all other dance schools. You may apply in writing for approval
by the Directors to enrol at another dance school for genres not offered at MAKS Ballet Studios.
8. On occasion, physical contact with students may be necessary for teaching demonstration and technique
placement purposes. If you have any concerns regarding this matter please speak directly with the MAKS Ballet
9. Pre-existing medical conditions (including past and present injuries) must be outlined in the “Medical Details” section
of the enrolment form, along with current management plan. You will discuss this management plan with the
Directors to ensure the management plan is suitable for participation in MAKS activities. If required, you will
undertake a physical assessment by one of its recommended practitioners. Any illness or injury experienced by the
Student during the period of enrolment (in or out of studio participation) is to be reported to the teacher(s) for
suitable management. MAKS Ballet Studios’ policy on illness and injury is explained in the Studio Policies.
10. In the best interests of our students’ health and safety, the Directors reserve the right to refuse the enrolment of any
Student who, after assessment by one of our recommended practitioners, is deemed to be unfit to undertake the
physical demands of the activities provided by MAKS Ballet Studios.
11. Students agree to be respectful towards all members of the MAKS Ballet Studios community and abide by the MAKS
Ballet Studios Code of Conduct which is outlined in the Studio Policies.
12. Due to child protection laws and privacy issues, we are unable to allow parents to take photos or videos of students
during open days, performances or student showcase classes unless permission has been granted by a student’s
parent or guardian. However, from time to time your child will be photographed or videoed by MAKS Ballet Studios
(by a teacher or professional photographer). A photography release form has been included on the MAKS
Enrolment Form for you to agree to those images and/or recordings being used for marketing or promotional
13. The participant agrees to indemnify MAKS Ballet Studios against any injuries or damage to persons or loss or loss or
theft of property, whether caused by negligence or otherwise while participating in the activities provided
throughout the program and associated activities.
14. In the event of an emergency MAKS Ballet Studios reserves the right to apply first aid and take measures necessary to
ensure the best outcome for the student, including administration of medication or calling an ambulance. All
expenses attached to such treatment will be met by the Parent/Guardian. The Parent/Guardian and/or emergency
contact person listed on the student’s enrolment form will be contacted immediately.
15. The Directors reserve the right to terminate the enrolment of a Student who is deemed at any point to be behaving in
a way that is adverse or detrimental to the well-being of MAKS Ballet Studios and its students. See Studio Policies for
16. These Terms & Conditions may be altered where necessary, and Student families will be notified in writing.